Established in 1952, Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative whose mission is to improve members’ economic well-being and quality of life.
For media inquiries, please contact our media relations team at email@example.com.
Latest press releases
- Dec. 7, 2021 — Children’s Miracle Network Benefits from RBFCU Involvement in Credit Unions For Kids
- Dec. 6, 2021 — RBFCU Opens South San Branch, Expands Footprint in San Antonio Area
- Nov. 18, 2021 — Member Giveback Sweepstakes Highlights RBFCU’s 70th Year
- Nov. 3, 2021 — Two Financial Advisors Join RBFCU Investments Group
- Oct. 27, 2021 — RBFCU Reaches 1 Million-Member Landmark
- Sept. 13, 2021 — Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union Increases Starting Pay to $18 per Hour
- Sept. 1, 2021 — Three Key Promotions Announced in RBFCU Business Solutions
- Aug. 6, 2021 — ‘Best Places to Work’ Awards RBFCU — Again — as No. 1
- July 12, 2021 — RBFCU Named No. 1 Credit Union in Texas
- June 16, 2021 — More Payments Coming from U.S. Government: What You Need to Know About Advance Child Tax Credit Payments
- June 9, 2021 — Ameriprise Financial Selected as Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union’s New Broker-Dealer
- June 7, 2021 — RBFCU in Central Texas Named ‘Best Places to Work’
- May 4, 2021 — Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union Switches To Coinstar Coin Counting
- April 6, 2021 — RBFCU Wins MemberXP 2021 Best of the Best Award
- April 2, 2021 — RBFCU Voted Best Credit Union
- March 11, 2021 — Stimulus Checks: What You Need to Know About the Government-Issued Relief Checks Through the American Rescue Plan Act
- Feb. 22, 2021 — RBFCU Operations Returning to Normal After Winter Weather
- Dec. 31, 2020 — RBFCU Statement on Dec. 30, 2020 System Issues
- Oct. 14, 2020 — RBFCU Opens Doors to Portland
- Sept. 25, 2020 — Texas Air Force Association Honors RBFCU as Top Civilian Organization
- Sept. 17, 2020 — RBFCU Establishes Diversity Advisory Council, Selects 11 Employees to Serve
- Sept. 9, 2020 — RBFCU Surpasses a $1 Billion Landmark in Mortgages Funded
- Aug. 3, 2020 — RBFCU Announces Support of Credit Union Awareness
- July 24, 2020 — RBFCU Promotes Ashley Ingle to Senior Vice President of Human Resources/Learning & Development
- July 7, 2020 — RBFCU Employees Volunteer to Provide Emergency Housing Assistance
- June 10, 2020 — RBFCU Statement on Current Events
- May 15, 2020 — San Antonio Food Bank Awarded $5,000 Donation Through Liberty Mutual® and Safeco Insurance® Emergency Community Support Grants
- May 6, 2020 — RBFCU's Youth Ambassadors Program Awards $5,750 in Scholarships to San Antonio-Area Students
- April 20, 2020 — RBFCU Encourages Members to Use ‘Financial Distancing’ to Stamp Out the Spread of Fraud
- March 27, 2020 — RBFCU Remains a Trust Financial Partner
- March 27, 2020 — Financial Fraud During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Feb. 24, 2020 — RBFCU Surpasses $10 Billion in Assets
- Feb. 11, 2020 — RBFCU Partners with KSAT Community to Highlight Service Projects
- Feb. 3, 2020 — Munsterteiger Promoted to Enterprise Fraud VP Role
- Jan. 13, 2020 — RBFCU Chooses Raddon to Enable Next-Generation Marketing
- Jan. 10, 2020 — Phishing Alert: RBFCU Warns of Attempted Email Scams Targeting Members and Nonmembers
- Nov. 19, 2019 — RBFCU Listed Among Best Companies to Work for in Texas 2020 by Texas Monthly
- Nov. 1, 2019 — Give Backs Increase in 2019 Through RBFCU Mastercard Rewards
- Oct. 28, 2019 — RBFCU Says ‘Thank You!’ on First Responders Day
- Sept. 18, 2019 — RBFCU’S CEO listed in Business Journal ‘Influencers’
- July 26, 2019 — Military Transitioning Event at RBFCU Attracts Wide Attendance
- July 19, 2019 — RBFCU is Tops Among Business Journal’s ‘Best Places to Work’
- July 15, 2019 — Forbes Awards RBFCU with High Rankings
- July 12, 2019 — Carswell Promoted to Chief Accounting Officer at RBFCU
- May 21, 2019 — RBFCU Awards More Than $5,000 in Scholarships to San Antonio-area Students
- May 17, 2019 — RBFCU Presents $10,000 Through Mastercard® Sweepstakes
- May 13, 2019 — RBFCU Named in ‘Best Places to Work’ in Central Texas
- April 3, 2019 — RBFCU named Top 10 Credit Union
- April 1, 2019 — RBFCU Expands in Corpus Christi
- Feb. 14, 2019 — RBFCU Opens Seventh North Texas Branch
- Feb. 7, 2019 — RBFCU Debit Cardholders Reach $100 Million in Total Cash-Back Rewards
- Jan. 31, 2019 — Military Transitioning Event Grows at RBFCU
- Jan. 31, 2019 — Completion of IKEA-RBFCU Parkway Celebrated
- Dec. 4, 2018 — RBFCU Branch Now Available in McKinney
- Nov. 14, 2018 — RBFCU Members Receive Big Cash Back with Mastercard Rewards
- Oct. 28, 2018 — Cimarron Location Christens RBFCU Branch Network in Corpus Christi
- Oct. 25, 2018 — RBFCU Online Banking Platform is Redesigned for Members
- Sept. 21, 2018 — RBFCU’s O’Connor recognized as top CEO by San Antonio Business Journal
- Aug. 14, 2018 — RBFCU Recognized for Top Business Reward Credit Card
- July 30, 2018 — RBFCU Hosts Military Transitioning Event
- June 18, 2018 — RBFCU Awarded 'Best Places to Work in San Antonio' Distinction
- Feb. 8, 2018 — RBFCU Gives $12.9 Million in Debit Card Rewards to its Members 2017
The uncertainty of a global pandemic shook financial markets in early 2020. But RBFCU’s strong capital position always provides certainty to our members. The credit union entered the pandemic with more than $1.2 billion in capital, which also is known as member equity. At the close of 2020, RBFCU had built capital to more than $1.4 billion.
Throughout this magazine, you’ll find reasons why members do business with RBFCU. Read more to find out what RBFCU can do to help improve your economic well-being and quality of life.
Find all statement inserts under the “Statement Inserts” tab on the Forms & Disclosures page.
I am a reporter with a media inquiry. Who should I contact?
When is RBFCU's annual meeting?
The annual meeting is scheduled for the end of March each year and held at the RBFCU auditorium (1 IKEA-RBFCU Parkway, Live Oak, Texas 78233).
What is a credit union?
Credit unions are not-for-profit cooperatives, owned by their members who save and borrow there. We exist to serve our members, not to make a profit, so credit unions do not issue stock or pay dividends to outside stockholders. Instead, we return our earnings to members by providing lower loan rates, generally pay higher dividends on deposits and charge lower fees.
Credit unions are a democracy. Each credit union member has equal ownership and one vote, regardless of how much money they have on deposit.
Every credit union is governed by a board of directors, elected by and from the credit union's membership. Board members serve voluntarily and receive no compensation.
Credit unions cannot serve the general public; instead, people must qualify for membership. People are eligible for credit union membership through their employer or organizational affiliations like churches or social groups, or a community-chartered credit union.
Credit unions provide beneficial education to their members so they can become better educated consumers of financial services. We not only focus on our adult members, but work to give our youth and young adults the skills they need to become financially savvy.
How do I qualify for membership with RBFCU?
There are several ways to qualify for membership with RBFCU. Common ways to qualify for membership include your employer, place of worship, community organization, neighborhood or school. You may also qualify through immediate family members who are part of the credit union (spouse, children, parents, siblings, stepchildren, adopted relatives, etc.). You can complete a short online application to see if you qualify for membership.
If you are unable to qualify through any of the options listed above, you may contact us and our member service specialists can help you determine if there are additional opportunities to qualify.
Why do I have to qualify for membership?
Unlike banks that are open to anyone, laws require credit unions like RBFCU to have a defined field of membership, which means you have to be a member to access the products and services credit unions provide. There are a variety of ways to qualify based on where you work, live, worship or attend school. When you become a member of RBFCU, you take advantage of lower loan rates, higher dividends on deposits and lower fees.