Mobile Payment Services
Making payments your way
RBFCU has joined forces with leaders in the mobile payment industry to give you the power to make payments your way. We’re giving you the tools to make purchases easier, while continuing to enjoy the RBFCU perks you love the most — including earning cash back on purchases.
Benefits and features:
- Added layer of security on your transactions thanks to TouchID and passcode-authenticated transactions
- Accepted by more than 200,000 merchants worldwide
- Cash-back earnings remain the same — use your RBFCU debit card and earn 10 cents each time you use Apple Pay or your RBFCU CashBack Rewards Mastercard and earn cash-back rewards based on your total purchase price
How to set up Apple Pay
1. Add card
Load your card to the Wallet app on your Apple device.
Check that your card information has been correctly added to the app.
Look for the Apple Pay symbols when you check out at your favorite merchants! When you use Apple Pay with a merchant, you’ll use TouchID to confirm your identity. You may also be required to enter your passcode and/or sign a receipt.
For more information on using Apple Pay, visit Apple’s Support center.
Requirements: An eligible device, such as iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus or later to pay in stores and within apps; iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 3 or later to pay within apps; Apple Watch paired with iPhone 5 or later; iOS 8.1 or later; United States as your selected region; Touch ID or passcode on your device; iCloud account
Benefits and features:
- Accepted almost anywhere you can swipe or tap your card
- Safe, secure transactions are processed with several layers of security to protect your personal and payment information
- Cash-back earnings remain the same. Use your RBFCU debit card and earn cash-back each time you use Samsung Pay, or use your RBFCU CashBack Rewards Mastercard and earn rewards based on your total purchase price
How to set up Samsung Pay
1. Sign in
From the Home screen, find the app on your phone (or download it if it’s not already installed), and log in to your Samsung account.
2. Secure your account
Secure your transaction using your mobile device for fingerprint authentication.
3. Add your card
Use your camera to add your card information, or type it in manually.
4. Complete purchase
Hover your device near the card reader, about a ½-inch over where you would usually swipe or tap your card. A pulse will indicate your payment is being transmitted, and the card reader or cashier will confirm the payment has been successfully completed.
For more information on using Samsung Pay, visit Samsung Pay’s FAQ center.
Requirements: A compatible device such as a Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+ or Galaxy Note5 or later; Samsung account; registered fingerprint or Pay PIN; United States as your selected region
With RBFCU Masterpass, we're giving you a digital payment solution that makes online shopping easier and more convenient than ever.
Benefits and features:
- Streamline the checkout process with thousands of online merchants
- Access an additional layer of security through the Masterpass purchase authentication process
- Save time filling out online forms and billing information
How to set up Masterpass
1. Create your account
Visit the Masterpass home page and create your log in credentials. You’ll need to provide your card number and contact information, then create a username and password.
2. Start shopping
Start using Masterpass! You’ll see the Masterpass icon on sites where it is accepted.
When you’re ready to check out, you have all the purchasing power and security of your RBFCU Mastercard. Click the Masterpass icon to initiate the process and use Masterpass to make a secure purchase.
For more information on using Masterpass, visit Masterpass’ FAQ center.
Requirements: A device with iOS 6+ or Android and Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer 11+.
How do I add my credit or debit card to Apple Pay?
You can start using Apple Pay as soon as you add a credit or debit card to the Wallet app on iPhone.
To add a card, go into Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay, and select “Add Credit or Debit Card.” You can also open Wallet and select “Add Credit or Debit Card.” Follow the prompts to add your card.
This card will be your default payment card, but you can go to Wallet anytime and add, then select, a different card. For more information, please visit the Apple support website.
Do I earn cash back with mobile payment services?
Yes, making payments using mobile payment services like Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Masterpass will earn the same cash back and rewards that a Freedom Debit Card or Platinum CashBack Rewards Mastercard credit card transaction would normally earn.
How do I add my credit or debit card to Samsung Pay?
To add your RBFCU card, from your phone's Home screen go into Apps > Samsung Pay, and select "Add Card." From there, use your camera to enter the card information or type it in manually. You can add as many as 10 cards to use in the app.
How do I download the RBFCU Mobile app?
RBFCU offers a FREE mobile application for both Android and iPhone devices.
- For Android devices: Select the Play Store, search for RBFCU and download the app.
- For iOS (Apple) devices: Select the App Store, search for RBFCU and download the app.
For full functionality, both the provider’s software and RBFCU app version must be up to date.
Do I have to be a member to use the mobile app?
A few of the RBFCU Mobile app’s functions are available to non-members, including the convenience of qualifying for membership and opening an account. You can also use the branch locator, and review rates and contact information.
However, to access most of the benefits of the app, you must be a member.