Retirement Plans for School Employees
Plan your future with confidence
As a school employee, you realize the importance of investing in the future and enriching lives through education and planning. You’ve dedicated your entire career to building the future for others. Now it’s time to build yours.
With the RBFCU Freedom Retirement Plan™, you can create a plan you'll feel confident about. This plan is offered through an exclusive partnership with Nationwide® and is available to employees in school districts and certain tax-exempt organizations served by RBFCU.
RBFCU Freedom Retirement Plan benefits and features
- Exclusive partnership with Nationwide
- Diversified investment options with a variety of investment companies on one platform
- Competitive fixed-rate option
- No front- or back-end sales charges
- No transfer fees
- Available to employees in school districts and certain tax-exempt organizations served by RBFCU
Request a complimentary consultation
To learn more about the RBFCU Retirement Program and benefits of enrolling, contact us at:
Ready to Enroll Online?
We know your time is valuable, so we’ve made it easy for you.
- Visit nationwide.com/RBFCU
- Start your 403(b)/457(b) account by clicking "Enroll now"
- Contact your school district's Third Party Administrator to begin a payroll deduction
Already have an RBFCU Freedom Retirement Plan account?
Log in to Nationwide’s website to manage your RBFCU Freedom Retirement Plan account. Once you log in, you can:
- Update your personal profile and preferences
- View your balance and transaction history
- Access beneficiary information, statements and tax documents
- Use educational tools and calculators
- Research funds and investment options
- Read newsletters about the market, investing and how to better position yourself to help meet your financial goals
- View presentations that can help you make informed decisions about investing and retirement planning
What will my income be after I retire?
What will my expenses be after I retire?
What is the difference between a 457(b) plan and a 403(b) plan?
Both types of plans are tax deferred, but with the 457(b), you may withdraw when you leave your employer, or in the case of death, disability or unforeseen emergency, regardless of your age. Whereas with the 403(b), you can receive your distributions at age 59½, upon severance of employment or become fully disabled.
Can I transfer my 403(b) plan at any time?
Yes. If you are still employed, you may transfer your 403(b) between eligible 403(b) providers. If you are no longer employed or otherwise meet a qualifying event, you become eligible to roll funds over to an IRA or other eligible retirement plan.
RBFCU Investments Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of RBFCU Services LLC. RBFCU Services LLC is affiliated with Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU). Securities sold, advisory services offered through CUNA Brokerage Services Inc. (CBSI), member FINRA / SIPC, a registered broker/dealer and investment professional. CBSI is under contract with the financial institution to make securities available to members. Not NCUA/NCUSIF/FDIC insured, May Lose Value, No Financial Institution Guarantee. Not a deposit of any financial institution. FR-3016431.1-0320-0422