Really Free Checking
$0 monthly maintenance fee and $0 minimum balance
An RBFCU Really Free Checking account gives you more when it comes to your money. Along with the no-cost Freedom Debit Card and standard checks, our Really Free Checking account includes no monthly maintenance fee and no minimum balance requirements.
No monthly maintenance or minimum balance fees
With this free checking account, you’ll also have access to additional benefits that help you save time, save money and earn money, including:
- $0 Minimum Balance required
- 24/7 fraud monitoring and $0 liability for unauthorized debit card purchases
- Free online bill pay
- Earn interest/dividends monthly
- Mobile payment compatibility for added convenience and security at thousands of merchants
- Free standard checks when ordered online
- Free ATM services through RBFCU ATMs, the CO-OP network
- Set card usage alerts through the Manage Cards feature
A little change adds up to big savings!
Turn everyday spending into everyday savings! With RBFCU Round Up, purchases made with your Freedom Debit Card will be rounded up to the nearest dollar and the difference will be funded by your own checking account and transferred into an eligible RBFCU account you select.
How to order checks
Yes, even your checks are free!
In addition to your Freedom Debit Card, you also have access to free printed checks with your Really Free Checking account.
Place an order for your checking account checks by calling one of our representatives at 210-945-3300 or follow these instructions to order online:
- Sign in to your Online Banking account.
- On your Account Summary page, click on the three vertical dots to the right of your checking account’s available balance.
- Select “Order Checks” from the options under the “I Want To...” drop-down menu.
- Follow the steps outlined on the “Check Orders” page.
How much am I spending?
What is it worth to reduce my spending?
How long will it take to save for a purchase?
How long will it take to become a millionaire?
What is RBFCU's checking account routing number?RBFCU's routing number is 314089681.
How do I open a checking account from the RBFCU Mobile app?
To open a new checking account:
- Sign in to the RBFCU Mobile app
- Tap "New Account" under Deposit Accounts on the Account Summary page
- Verify your address, and tap "Let's get started!" to follow the self-service directions
How do I download the RBFCU Mobile app?
To download the RBFCU Mobile app:
- On an Apple device: Click here from your device, or search "RBFCU" in the App Store
- On an Android device: Click here from your device, or search "RBFCU" in the Google Play Store
For full app functionality, please ensure your device is running the latest software. Apple devices require iOS 11.0 or later, and Android devices require Android 5.0 or later.
I lost my card. What do I do?
You can report your lost or stolen card by contacting us in one of the following ways:
1. Sign in to your Online Banking account.
2. Under the “View Services” tab, under “Manage Cards,” select “Report Lost Cards.”
3. Select the card that you want to report lost, then click “Next.”
4. Select the appropriate option (e.g., "Report a Lost or Stolen Card," "Freeze Card," or "Replace Card").
5. Verify the information for accuracy, and click “Submit.”
6. If your card is connected to Samsung Pay or Apple Pay, remove the card from the devices.
Why am I being asked for my ID on all transactions?
In order to protect you and your account, RBFCU must identify the transacting person on an account each time a transaction is made.
Membership eligibility is required. Programs subject to change; other restrictions may apply. Photo ID required for all transactions at any RBFCU branch.