Really Free Checking
$0 monthly maintenance fee and $0 minimum balance
An RBFCU Really Free Checking account gives you more when it comes to your money. Along with the no-cost Freedom Debit Card and standard checks, our Really Free Checking account includes no monthly maintenance fee and no minimum balance requirements.
No monthly maintenance or minimum balance fees
With this free checking account, you’ll also have access to additional benefits that help you save time, save money and earn money, including:
- $0 minimum balance required
- Begin earning the stated Annual Percentage Yield (APY) with an account balance greater than $0
- Free RBFCU Freedom Debit Card
- 24/7 fraud monitoring and $0 liability for unauthorized debit card purchases
- Free online RBFCU Bill Pay™
- Earn interest/dividends monthly
- Mobile payment compatibility for added convenience and security at thousands of merchants
- Free standard checks when ordered online
- Free ATM services through RBFCU ATMs, the CO-OP network
- Set card usage Alerts through the Manage Cards feature
A little change adds up to big savings!
Turn everyday spending into everyday savings! With RBFCU Round Up, purchases made with your Freedom Debit Card will be rounded up to the nearest dollar and the difference will be funded by your own checking account and transferred into an eligible RBFCU account you select.
Yes, even your checks are free!
In addition to your Freedom Debit Card, you also have access to free printed checks with your Really Free Checking account.
To order checks, sign in to your Online Banking account and follow the prompts. You can also order checks by calling 210-945-3300 to speak to a Member Service Center representative.
What is RBFCU's checking account routing number?
RBFCU's routing number is 314089681.
How do I open a checking account from the RBFCU Mobile app?
To open a new checking account:
- Sign in to the RBFCU Mobile app.
- On the Account Summary page, tap “New Account” under “Deposit Accounts.”
- Verify your address, and tap “Let’s Get Started” to follow the self-service directions.
How do I download the RBFCU Mobile app?
To download the RBFCU Mobile® app:
- On an Apple® device: Click here from your device, or search “RBFCU” on the App Store®
- On an Android™ device: Click here from your device, or search “RBFCU” on Google Play™
For full app functionality, please ensure your device is running the latest software. The latest operating systems (OS) versions are required for security updates and will provide the best experience while using the RBFCU Mobile app. The minimum supported OS to use the RBFCU Mobile app are:
- iPadOS® 13 or later
- iPhone® iOS 13 or later
- Android OS 5.1 or later
I lost my card. What do I do?
You can report your lost or stolen card by contacting us in one of the following ways:
- Phone: 210-945-3300
- Email: email@example.com
- Visit “Manage Cards,” after signing in to your Online Banking account.
- Select your card.
- Choose “Report a Lost or Stolen Card” and follow the prompts.
- RBFCU Mobile app:
- Sign in to your Online Banking account.
- Tap “Manage Cards” in the bottom menu.
- Select your card.
- Choose “Report Lost or Stolen” and follow the prompts.
You can also “Freeze” your card to ensure no transactions are made while you search for the card, or “Replace” your card. If your card is connected to any mobile payment services, be sure to remove the card as a payment option.
Why am I being asked for my ID on all transactions?
In order to protect you and your account, RBFCU must identify the transacting person on an account each time a transaction is made.
Membership eligibility is required. Programs subject to change; other restrictions may apply. Direct Deposit and early payment of funds are subject to timing of originator funding. Photo ID required for all transactions at any RBFCU branch.