Mechanical Repair Coverage (MRC)
The miles can add up, but the repair costs don’t have to.
MEMBER’S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage can help deflect some risk of costly future, covered repairs keeping your vehicle running extra miles and extra years. With different coverage levels to choose from, there’s a plan to fit your family’s budget.
Whether you depend on your vehicle for work or getting your family to school and activities, you need transportation that’s safe and reliable. The older your vehicle, the more it takes to keep it in good working order. Not making small repairs can lead to even more expensive repairs and ignoring other repairs can be dangerous.
To add this coverage, contact us at 210-945-3300.
Benefits of the MRC program include1:
- Choose your deductible: $02, $100, $250, or $500
- Limit repair costs to your deductible, if any.
- Rental reimbursement: Up to $35 per day for a maximum of 5 days (10-day maximum for parts delay. Available on first day of covered repair.)
- 24-hour emergency roadside assistance: Up to $100 per occurrence. Includes towing, battery jumpstart, fluid delivery, flat tire assistance and lock-out service.
- Travel expense reimbursement: Up to $200 per day for a maximum of 5 days for lodging, food and transportation expenses.3
- Good at any authorized repair facility in the continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii or Canada.
- No out-of-pocket expense (except for any deductible): The cost of the covered repair is paid directly to the authorized repair facility.
- Transferable to increase resale value: If you sell your vehicle privately, the coverage can be transferred for an administrative fee.
- Cancel for full refund within 60 days.4
- Click here for a full list of benefits.
What’s not covered?
- Normal maintenance services and parts like batteries, belts, brake pads, exhaust, filters, fluids, wheels, wiper blades, etc.
- Body structure and parts like trim, molding, glass, paint, etc.
- Abuse, misuse, and lack of proper maintenance
- Aftermarket equipment, components, systems or accessories not installed by the manufacturer
- Normal wear and tear where no failure has occurred
- Pre-existing conditions** and corrosion
- Exclusions and limitations apply. See the Vehicle Service Contract or the Insurance Policy for details.
**Not applicable in Arizona and Georgia
*Components not listed are not covered. Additional parts covered by Platinum Plan must be factory installed. Click here for a complete list of covered components.
1Program details may vary by state. Ask a Member Services Representative for details or receive a quote by calling 210-945-3300.
2The $0 deductible option is not available on all coverage levels.
3Only when a covered breakdown occurs 100 miles or more from home and your vehicle is held overnight at a repair facility; not available to residents of NY.
4Full refund available for an unused agreement within the first 60 days, or a prorated refund thereafter less an administrative fee. Cancellation provision and administrative fees vary by state.
Mechanical Repair Coverage is provided and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. in all states except CA, where coverage is offered as insurance by Virginia Surety Company, Inc., in NH, where coverage is provided and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. dba Consumer Warranty Program Administrators, in TX, where coverage is provided and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. dba The Administrators of Consumer Programs (TX License #175), in FL and OK, where coverage is provided and administered by Automotive Warranty Services of Florida, Inc. (Florida License #60023 and Oklahoma License #44198051), and in WA, where coverage is provided by National Product Care Company and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc., all located at 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago, Illinois 60604, 1-800-752-6265. This coverage is made available to you by CUNA Mutual Insurance Agency, Inc. Coverage varies by state. Replacement parts may be new, used, non-OEM or remanufactured. Be sure to read the Vehicle Service Contract or the Insurance Policy, which will explain the exact terms, conditions, and exclusions of this voluntary product.
MRC-2239599.3-0621-0723 CUNA Mutual Group ©2021, All Rights Reserved.