Youth Checking Account
Their financial success starts here
Let RBFCU help teach your child smart ways to spend and save money on their path to financial independence. From an allowance to their first job, the sooner your child learns how to manage their money, the better their financial future will be.
Youth Checking Account benefits and features:
No monthly service fees
$0 minimum balance required
Monitor your account and transactions with customized Alerts
Deposit checks from your device
24/7 fraud monitoring
Membership eligibility required. Accounts for minors require additional ownership by a parent, guardian or other adult.
RBFCU Freedom Debit Card
The debit card you trust.
Their first debit card should be with a financial partner you know and trust. Help your child or teen learn how to manage their money and spending with their very own Freedom Debit Card.
Debit card benefits and features:
- No monthly maintenance fee
- 24/7 fraud monitoring
- $0 liability for unauthorized debit card purchases
- Free ATM services through RBFCU ATMs and the CO-OP network
- Set card usage Alerts
- Quickly freeze or report your card lost or stolen through Online Banking or the RBFCU Mobile app
The account that grows with them.
When your teen turns 18, their Youth Checking account will automatically convert to an RBFCU Really Free Checking account with all of the same great features.
How do I open a youth savings account with RBFCU?
Open a youth savings account through your Online Banking account at rbfcu.org or the RBFCU Mobile app, call us at 210-945-3300 or at any RBFCU branch.
Please note: Members are required to open a primary savings account with a minimum deposit of $1, which must remain in the account at all times. A checking account can be opened with a zero balance.
Learn more, earn more, save more
Learn the basics of budgeting, how to start saving, good vs bad spending habits and more with free financial education resources.
What is RBFCU's checking account routing number?
RBFCU's routing number is 314089681.
How do I open a checking account from the RBFCU Mobile app?
To open a new checking account:
- Sign in to the RBFCU Mobile app.
- On the Account Summary page, tap “New Account” under “Deposit Accounts.”
- Verify your address, and tap “Let’s Get Started” to follow the self-service directions.
How do I download the RBFCU Mobile app?
To download the RBFCU Mobile app:
- On an Apple device: Click here from your device, or search “RBFCU” on the App Store
- On an Android device: Click here from your device, or search “RBFCU” on Google Play
For full app functionality, please ensure your device is running the latest software. The RBFCU Mobile app requires the latest operating systems (OS) for security updates:
- iPadOS 13 or later
- iPhone iOS 13 or later
- Android OS 8.0 or later
I lost my card. What do I do?
You can report your lost or stolen card by contacting us in one of the following ways:
- Phone: 210-945-3300
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit “Manage Cards,” after signing in to your Online Banking account.
- Select your card.
- Choose “Report a Lost or Stolen Card” and follow the prompts.
- RBFCU Mobile app:
- Sign in to your Online Banking account.
- Tap “Manage Cards” in the bottom menu.
- Select your card.
- Choose “Report Lost or Stolen” and follow the prompts.
You can also “Freeze” your card to ensure no transactions are made while you search for the card, or “Replace” your card. If your card is connected to any mobile payment services, be sure to remove the card as a payment option.
Why am I being asked for my ID on all transactions?
In order to protect you and your account, RBFCU must identify the transacting person on an account each time a transaction is made.
Membership eligibility required. Accounts for minors require additional ownership by a parent, guardian or other adult. No minimum age requirement.