RBFCU Drive-Thrus Remain Open; Lobbies to Close
LIVE OAK, Texas (March 20, 2020) — Beginning Monday, March 23, RBFCU will close the lobbies at our branch locations and corporate headquarters, and continue to offer services to our members at drive-thru lanes only, to prioritize the health and safety of our employees and members during the current public health crisis. Additionally, RBFCU is following direction from all levels of government.
To see the drive-thru hours of all RBFCU locations, visit rbfcu.org/BranchMaps. Many RBFCU locations have drive-thru ATMs that accept deposits 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Lobby services are restricted to scheduled Mortgage Loan closings and appointments with Financial Professionals, as well as Safe Deposit Box access. Please call 1-800-580-3300 on your arrival to gain access to the branch. If you must visit an RBFCU location, we ask that you please use precautions as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and follow the directions of RBFCU employees.
We strongly encourage our members to utilize RBFCU services that do not require visiting a location. This includes:
- Establishing secure access to your accounts on rbfcu.org and the RBFCU Mobile app, if you have not already done so. To set up your Online Banking account, use your computer or device and go to rbfcu.org and click “First-Time User.” Also, be sure to download the RBFCU Mobile app through Apple’s App Store or the Google Play Store for Android devices.
- Calling RBFCU’s Member Service Center at 1-800-580-3300, or using our online chat service during business hours. For more details, including hours of operation, visit rbfcu.org/contact-us.
We continue to monitor developments and the extent of business closures enacted by various governments, and announcements will be made as conditions warrant. We are making our best efforts under these circumstances of the current public health situation and the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) to mitigate risks to our employees and members, while keeping our services available as an essential business. Members should check this page regularly for updates as the situation unfolds.
What You Can Do
If you are experiencing financial hardships due to COVID-19
If you are an RBFCU member facing financial difficulties because of the current public health crisis, we have several ways we may be able to help. Please contact an RBFCU Member Service Specialist at 1-800-580-3300 to discuss available options:
- Penalty-free Certificate withdrawal: Eligible members will be able to withdraw, without penalty, an amount equal to two months net pay.
- Waived late fees on payments for Consumer and Mortgage Loans: Please note, your late fees cannot be waived until they have been assessed at the 15-day mark.
- Skip-a-Pay on Consumer Loans: Members with an RBFCU Vehicle Loan or Personal Loan may be eligible for our Skip-A-Pay option offered for months March-June through their Online Banking account. Members who have an RBFCU Mastercard® credit card may also be eligible for Mastercard Skip-A-Pay in upcoming months. Check your Mastercard credit card statement to see if you are eligible. If you aren’t offered a Skip-A-Pay option, please call or chat to discuss other payment arrangement options.
- Extensions on Mortgage Loans: Please contact us so that we may identify what options might be available for your unique situation.
We are encouraging all members to access their accounts via Online Banking and the RBFCU Mobile app whenever possible. We’re asking all members to ensure they have access to their accounts without having to visit a branch. If you need assistance accessing your RBFCU accounts online, call 1-800-580-3300 today and a Member Service Representative will help you.
Update Contact Information
Help us stay in touch with you at all times by updating your contact information in Online Banking:
- Sign in to your Online Banking account
- Click on the Profile icon in the top right corner
- Select Profile Settings. Here, you can update your email address, phone number and mailing address, and let us know your preferred method of contact.
Be on Alert for Scams
We’re asking all members to be on alert for any suspicious emails, phone calls and text messages that may offer deals on medical supplies or health-related items, or fraudulent donation sites that may impersonate our company, charities, or government agencies. This is often called phishing.
These criminals want you to divulge sensitive information, such as usernames and passwords, to make purchases or donations on spoof websites, or to download malware onto your device by opening a malicious attachment.
If you receive a suspicious email or text message, do not respond to the message, do not click on any links, and do not open any attachments — just delete the message. If you feel your account, username or password has been compromised, please contact RBFCU at 1-800-580-3300. You can also report scams to the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357), 1-877-ID-THEFT (1-877-438-4338), or online at www.ftc.gov.
Our leadership team will regularly evaluate business operations as the situation progresses, and members can continually check rbfcu.org/news for updates and other news regarding recent events. Many people are justifiably concerned about the financial system as the COVID-19 response has slowed economic activity. We want to reassure our members that RBFCU is a financially strong institution.
Skip-A-Pay is eligible only for qualified members. Not available for real estate related loans, business loans, lines of credit, and credit builder loans. Terms and conditions subject to change without notice. By accepting this offer, you acknowledge that interest will continue to accrue on the outstanding balance of your loan, the maturity date will be extended and your regular payment will resume in April or May. We reserve the right to decline any request for any reason. Complete disclosures will be provided at your acceptance of Skip-A-Pay.