Whether you are saving for a rainy day or a college fund, a Share Certificate is an excellent option to save for the future. Though similar to Savings Accounts, certificates earn higher yields on the money that is put aside into savings. These Share Certificates are federally insured as well, so they are widely considered to provide good returns without high risk.
Share Certificates are meant to be held until maturity, and then the money can be withdrawn along with the interest or compounded to generate additional dividends in the future.
- A minimum deposit of $1,000
- Terms ranging from 6 months to 84 months
- Dividends that can be paid to your Savings, Checking, or Money Market, or compounded to the Certificate monthly
- Dividends that are able to be moved within the account (example: from Savings to Money Market). Once you decide whether dividends will be paid to your account or compounded to the Certificate, it may not be changed until the Certificate matures
- Automatic renewal (or upon maturity, set it up to deposit into your Savings, Checking, or Money Market Account)
Steps to open an RBFCU Share Certificate:
- Click the button to launch NetBranch Online and log in to your account.
- From the account homepage, click on the tab at the top titled "Certificates & IRA Plans."
- To open a Share Certificate, click on the link "Open Share Certificate."
- Complete the certificate details information and select the "Next" button.
- Review your certificate information and if it is correct, select the "Submit" button.