Roth 403(b) Tax-Sheltered Account (TSA)
A Roth 403(b) is a Tax-Sheltered Account (TSA) developed by the IRS to allow employees of educational institutions and certain tax-exempt organizations to save post-tax dollars for retirement. A Roth 403(b) works much like a Roth 401(k) and can offer another way to save for retirement.
With the RBFCU Freedom Retirement Plan™, you can create a plan you’ll feel confident about. This plan is offered through an exclusive partnership with Nationwide® and is available to employees in school districts and certain tax-exempt organizations served by RBFCU.
What you should know about a Roth 403(b):
Contributions are made to your Roth 403(b) after taxes are taken from your paycheck, allowing your earnings to grow — and withdrawals to be taken — tax-free if the account has been open for at least five years and you are age 59½ or older.
You may make a withdrawal from your Roth 403(b) at age 59½, upon severance from employment, or in the case of hardship, disability or death. Penalties may apply to withdrawals taken before allowable age.
A loan may be taken against your Roth 403(b) funds regardless of your employment status. Repayment terms and interest rates are determined by your investment provider. Certain rules may apply.
RBFCU Freedom Retirement Plan benefits and features
- Exclusive partnership with Nationwide
- Diversified investment options with a variety of investment companies on one platform
- Competitive fixed-rate option
- No front- or back-end sales charges
- No transfer fees
- Available to employees in school districts and certain tax-exempt organizations served by RBFCU
Request a complimentary consultation
To learn more about the RBFCU Retirement Program and benefits of enrolling, contact us at:
Already have an RBFCU Freedom Retirement Plan account?
Log in to Nationwide’s website to manage your RBFCU Freedom Retirement Plan account. Once you log in, you can:
- Update your personal profile and preferences
- View your balance and transaction history
- Access beneficiary information, statements and tax documents
- Use educational tools and calculators
- Research funds and investment options
- Read newsletters about the market, investing and how to better position yourself to help meet your financial goals
- View presentations that can help you make informed decisions about investing and retirement planning
What will my income be after I retire?
What will my expenses be after I retire?
Are there any additional contribution catch-up provisions for the 403(b) plan?
Depending on your district plan, the 403(b) may have a 15 year service catch-up which may add up to $3,000 annually for 5 years. You must qualify every year through your district’s administrator.
RBFCU Investments Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of RBFCU Services LLC. RBFCU Services LLC is affiliated with Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU). Securities sold, advisory services offered through CUNA Brokerage Services Inc. (CBSI), member FINRA / SIPC, a registered broker/dealer and investment professional. CBSI is under contract with the financial institution to make securities available to members. Not NCUA/NCUSIF/FDIC insured, May Lose Value, No Financial Institution Guarantee. Not a deposit of any financial institution. FR-2529771.1-0519-0621