You’re Not in Texas? Banking Services That Can Help
You don’t have to live in Texas to be a member of RBFCU.1 Life can sometimes take you elsewhere, but you can take RBFCU with you.
This is true with our armed-forces service personnel, who must prepare their financial products and services when they are called by our country to a military deployment overseas or are stationed in another part of the country.
So, to paraphrase the lyrics from a Lyle Lovett song: That’s right, you’re not in Texas? RBFCU wants to help you anyway. Here are seven products and services that enable anyone away from Texas (or an RBFCU branch location) to continue to save time, save money and earn money through the benefits of a credit union membership:
1. A check card affiliated with a global credit card company — RBFCU offers checking account holders the Freedom Debit Card. It’s affiliated with Mastercard® and can be used anywhere the Mastercard® credit card is accepted. It can be used at an ATM. It’s compatible with Masterpass, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay that makes your financial life even more portable. Transactions pull funds straight from your checking account — you don’t get billed separately or charged fees or interest. You even get 10 cents cash back for every purchase, either at the retailer or service provider or online. Since it’s a chip card, it has added levels of security to protect you from theft and fraud.
2. Extensive ATM network — You can have access to your cash through the CO-OP ATM network. CO-OP ATM offers nearly 30,000 locations. These are surcharge-free ATMs, and they’re located in all 50 states and 10 countries.
3. Overdraft protection — Gone are the days when you have to run down to the nearest branch location to transfer funds. You don’t even have to do it yourself through a funds transfer on your computer. Set up overdraft protection with automatic transfers from your savings account, line of credit, or Courtesy Pay.
4. Online banking — Not only can you access your accounts for up-to-date information and balances on rbfcu.org, you can perform a whole range of banking services that includes deposits, transfers, bill pay and alerts. Plus, you can apply for loans and track the approval process with the ability to upload and sign documents on the same platform.
5. Mobile banking — The RBFCU Mobile app allows you to perform banking tasks on your devices, including tablets and watches, just as easily as you could at home with your computer. This is a great tool if you’re on the road and trying to locate an ATM for cash.
7. Customer service — Communication with RBFCU is easy, even if you’re nowhere close to a branch location. You can correspond online through email (firstname.lastname@example.org), send and receive sensitive information via secure messages by logging in to your accounts on rbfcu.org, chat through the RBFCU Mobile app, call us at 1-800-580-3300 or send a letter to RBFCU, P.O. Box 2097, Universal City, TX 78148-2247.
1RBFCU has more than 55 branch locations located in and in the vicinity of Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Fort Worth and San Antonio. RBFCU has a full-service real estate agency that helps members buy and sell homes and property in Texas.