Make your home more affordable
Refinancing your mortgage can give you additional flexibility if you want to lower your payments or pay off your mortgage faster.
You have mortgage refinance options whether you’re currently financed with RBFCU or with another lender.
Pay low closing costs with no origination fee
Don’t let closing costs get between you and your new dream home. RBFCU removes some of the upfront costs by eliminating the origination fee, helping you turn your dream into reality.
- Available for 20 and 30-year fixed-rate conventional, jumbo and construction loans, and 5/5 adjustable-rate mortgage loans
- Members have the option to pay for discount points toward an even lower rate
What to expect when refinancing your mortgage
1. Apply for your loan
Complete the application online. Choose the loan term you are interested in as a starting point. Our loan officers can work with you to make sure the loan you have chosen meets your needs.
2. Complete paperwork
You’ll complete the application process by submitting your documents and continuing through the loan process. This may sound simple, but it can be a big undertaking, depending on your employment status, residency, etc.
Our mortgage team will help you through each step of the loan process and make sure you know everything you need to know to close your loan with confidence
Three days must pass between reviewing your loan closing disclosure and being able to complete your closing paperwork, so please schedule accordingly.
What do I need to complete my refinance application?
- The remaining term on your current mortgage loan
- Your current employment, income and asset information
- Your contact and personal information (address, date of birth, phone number and email)
- Information for joint borrowers you plan to include on the mortgage loan (date of birth, address, income and employment, Social Security number and contact information; if applicable)
- Verification of your current homeowners insurance policy
Am I better off refinancing my mortgage?
Which mortgage loan is a better fit for me?
What will my mortgage refinancing costs be?
Which is better for me: A 15-year or 30-year mortgage loan term?
Should I pay points to lower my mortgage loan rate?
What are the benefits of refinancing a mortgage?
Generally, you can refinance a mortgage to obtain a lower rate, which will decrease the amount of finance charges for the remainder of your loan. You can also shorten the original loan term and build home equity much quicker. To see if refinancing is your best option, call RBFCU’s Mortgage Resource Center at 1-800-580-3300 to speak with a mortgage lending representative.
Still have mortgage questions?
Loans subject to credit approval. Rates and terms subject to change without notice. RBFCU mortgage loans are available only on property in Texas. Origination fee program not available for short term loans, FHA or VA loans. NMLS# 583215