Want to Earn Cash Back on Your RBFCU Credit Card Purchases?
Get 2% cash back on every purchase, every time when you switch to our Platinum CashBack Rewards Mastercard® credit card. Already have our Platinum CashBack Rewards Mastercard? Then you’re already earning while you spend!
Which RBFCU Mastercard credit card is right for me?
Platinum Premier Rate
Platinum CashBack Rewards
|Balance Transfer Fee||$0||$0|
|Cash Advance Fee||$0||$0|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||$0||$0|
|Late Charge||Up to $20||Up to $20|
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $24||Up to $24|
|Travel Accident Insurance||$1 million||$1 million|
|24/7 Fraud Monitoring||Yes||Yes|
|$0 Fraud Liability||Yes||Yes|
|25-day Grace Period on Retail Purchases||Yes||Yes|
|24/7 Online Account Access||Yes||Yes|
2. Click on your Mastercard credit card that you want to convert.
3. In the drop-down menu next to the “Amount Due” column, select “Convert Card.”
4. Follow the few steps to converting your card.
a. IMPORTANT: A credit report will not be pulled unless you are requesting to increase your credit limit or adding joint owner(s) on your card.
5. You may receive a push notification if you have the RBFCU Mobile app letting you know your card has been approved; however, no further action is required from you to complete the card processing. You should receive your new card within five business days. The PIN will arrive in a separate, unmarked perforated envelope.
You don’t have to wait to start earning 2% cash back! You can continue to use your card until your new card arrives; any NEW purchases will be automatically transferred to the new card and will qualify for the 2% cash back rewards.
If you do not see the option when you sign in to your Online Banking account, please contact our Member Service Center at 1-800-580-3300 to check your eligibility.
- Why don't I see the option to convert my credit card?
When will I receive my new credit card?
Your new card will arrive within five business days. Your new PIN (Personal Identification Number) will arrive in a separate, unmarked perforated envelope.
Will I be able to take advantage of the 0% introductory APR on balance transfers and cash advances?
No. The 0% APR is an introductory promotional rate for balance transfers and cash advances made during the first 90 days your account is open. Because upgrading your card is not a new line of credit, your balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify for the 0% rate.
How do I request a balance transfer?
To request a balance transfer:
1. Sign in to your Online Banking account.
2. Under the “View Accounts” tab, click on the three vertical dots next to the desired credit card under the “Credit Cards” section.
3. From the “I Want To…” menu, select “Balance Transfer.”
5. On the Balance Transfer Request Form, complete the required information.
6. Click “Next.”
7. Review the information for accuracy.
8. Click “Submit.” Your information will be submitted to our Payment Services Department for processing.
*Balance transfers can take up to 30 days to process.
Phone: You can also call our Payment Services Department at 1-800-580-3300, ext. 74571.
In-Person: Visit any branch to request an in-person balance transfer.
Membership eligibility is required. Credit cards are subject to credit approval. Rates and terms subject to change; other restrictions may apply. These APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. The 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is a promotional rate for only balance transfers and cash advances made during the first 90 days your account is open. Purchases are not included. Promotional rate balances will remain at 0% APR for twelve full billing cycles starting from the date of the initial balance transfer or cash advance request. Beginning with the thirteenth billing cycle, any remaining balance will be repriced to an APR of % to % for a Premier Rate credit card or % to % for a CashBack Rewards card based on your creditworthiness and other factors. All purchases made during the promotional period and thereafter will be at the previously stated APR ranges for the respective Mastercard products. Contact the Consumer Lending Center for complete details.
Balance transfers and cash advances may not exceed your available credit limit. You should continue to make all required payments on your other accounts until you confirm that the balance transfer has been made. Cash back rewards or points are not earned on balance transfers or cash advances. There is no grace period for balance transfers; interest will begin to accrue on the date the balance transfer is processed by RBFCU. There is no grace period for cash advances; interest will begin to accrue on the day you obtain the cash advance. If you accept this offer and do not pay off your entire balance each statement period (including the amount of the balance transfer or cash advance), you will not be eligible for the grace period for new purchases. The balance transfer or cash advance will be at the APR that was disclosed to you when you opened your account.