Tips for First-Time Car Buyers
Buying a car can be an overwhelming process for anyone involved, but it’s especially tricky to know what to expect when it’s your first time. Whether you’re in the market for a new or used vehicle, here are a few tips to help guide you through the car-shopping process.
- Set a budget: Having an idea of how much you are willing to spend will help narrow your focus and ensure you aren’t spending more than you’re comfortable with. Our car affordability calculators are great tools for determining your car-buying budget.
- Research your financing options: While most dealerships offer financing opportunities, it is important to research all options and determine the best interest rate available to you. At RBFCU, we work hard to provide an easy car-buying experience for our members. Our low interest rates and partnerships with local dealerships provide a smooth and convenient process when applying for an auto loan.
- Shop online: Checking out popular makes and models online before heading to the dealership is an efficient way to make the most of your time. You can utilize Carvana to research vehicles that are currently for sale, read reviews, and more.
- Narrow down your selection: Are you looking for an eco-friendly option? What types of bells and whistles are important to you? With so many choices in today’s auto market, thinking about your preferences and considering what the vehicle will be used for will help narrow down your options before heading out to test drive.
- Take a drive: Test driving the top three vehicle choices you are considering is essential to making your final decision. Shopping online is a great option to save time, but nothing beats sitting behind the wheel of your top picks.