Summer Home Maintenance Tips
For many, summer is the best time of the year. The longer days and warm temperatures are perfect for barbecues, fun times at the pool and that refreshing breeze on the patio once the sun goes down.
While the season comes with laughter and joy, an unexpected insurance claim can temper or even ruin your summer fun, especially one that could have been avoided with a bit of seasonal maintenance.
To help prevent costly surprises, RBFCU Insurance Agency has prepared a few maintenance tips to help keep your home in tip-top shape.
1. Examine roof — Have your roof inspected by a professional to identify areas of potential leakage or damage.
2. Clean gutters — Remove leaves from the gutters and ensure the downspouts are clear from any blockage to reduce the possibility of water damage.
3. Trim trees — Visually inspect your trees for damage or rot. If necessary, hire a professional to remove damaged or dead trees that might blow over in heavy wind or storms.
4. Replace air filters — Check the air conditioning unit for leaks or damages and change the HVAC filters regularly to maintain the unit's efficiency, service-life expectancy and to help reduce any fire hazard.
5. Check windows, doors and locks — Open and close all doors and windows to ensure they function correctly. Also, double check the locks to make sure they are secure.
6. Repair decks, walkways and driveways — Inspect the deck for mold and deterioration. Also, be sure to repair any cracks and broken or uneven driveway and walkway surfaces to prevent trips and falls.
A little summer maintenance can go a long way to help keep your home safe and secure through the year. Learn more ways to protect your home and valuables this season and explore the different insurance options available to help you protect what matters most.
Information in this article is general in nature and for your consideration, not as financial advice. Please contact your own financial professionals regarding your specific needs before taking any action based upon this information.
RBFCU Insurance Agency LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of RBFCU Services LLC. RBFCU Services LLC is affiliated with Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU). Insurance products are not deposits; are not obligations of the credit union; not NCUA insured; and not guaranteed by RBFCU Insurance Agency LLC, RBFCU Services LLC or RBFCU.