Home Improvement Projects on a Budget
Whether you’re getting ready to put your house on the market, or you just want to make some updates for yourself, there are always home improvements that need to be done. And let’s face it, home improvement projects can be expensive and add up quickly. We’ve compiled a list of seven easy and affordable projects that will increase your home value.
- De-clutter: Make your home feel light and airy by getting rid of the extra knick-knacks and things that just take up space with no real purpose. By consigning them or having a garage sale, you could add to your home improvement fund!
- Deep clean: Now that your home has less clutter, give it a good cleaning. You’ll feel like you live in a brand new place!
- Paint it: Brighten the whole house by painting the walls and trim. If you’re selling your home, be sure to choose a neutral color. Also, don’t use too many different colors and stay away from dark hues; these only make your home look and feel smaller.
- Re-grout your bathrooms: Grout will wear more quickly than you think. As soon as you see cracks, consider a re-grouting project. It’s affordable and not a huge undertaking. This small update can also give the bathroom a much-needed freshening up.
- Light fixtures: Replace outdated and worn light fixtures, fans and light bulbs. If it’s too expensive to replace them all at once, start with one room and go from there. The change will be more impactful than you think and it will be money well spent.
- Small hardware: Just like the light fixtures, replacing small hardware items like kitchen and bathroom cabinet knobs will make a world of difference. You don’t have to invest in fancy, expensive hardware, just look for something that is bright and modern.
- Fix the front door: A coat of paint or stain, or even a few hundred dollars for a new door, could make all the difference in the curb appeal of your home. This may also apply to other doors in your home, so take a look at what needs to be done and make updates accordingly.
Whatever your budget is, there are many projects you can tackle around the house that make a big impact on a budget. And you don’t have to take them all on at once. Go around your home and make a list of things that need to change, and things you want to change. Then, prioritize your list, set a budget and take each project on one at a time.
Need some financing to take your home improvements to the next level? Consider an RBFCU Home Equity loan. You can apply for a low-rate home equity option and access the financing you need to make home improvements or handle a variety of other endeavors. Complete an application today and get your home sale-ready!
Loans subject to credit approval. Rates and terms subject to change without notice. The specific rate will depend on your credit rating and term. Home Equity Loans are available only on property in Texas. As a safeguard, a 12-day cooling off period is required by Texas law before Home Equity Loans may be closed. There is also a three-day right of rescission after closing before the funds may be disbursed. Minimum loan amount is $4,000. Borrower will be responsible for certain closing costs, if required, such as title, insurance, appraisal fee and survey costs. NMLS# 583215