Hurricane Relief Efforts
Our hearts are with all those affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma during these incredibly difficult times. As our communities work tirelessly to aid in the relief efforts, we encourage you to contribute in any way you can. RBFCU recently donated $1 million collectively to the following organizations to provide immediate assistance to those displaced.
- American Red Cross
- Texas Diaper Bank
- Cornerstone Credit Union League Foundation
- Samaritan’s Purse
- Family Endeavors
- Mercy Chefs
The donation includes $500,000 to the American Red Cross and we’re encouraging our members and the community to match our contribution.
If you have been affected, we want to take a few things off your mind, so for members living in FEMA-declared areas, we will:
- Waive or refund any late fees associated with all RBFCU loans
- Waive or refund fees for overdraft (Courtesy Pay) and non-sufficient funds on consumer and business checking and savings accounts
- Waive our $1 convenience fee for ALL MEMBERS when using out-of-network ATMs
Effective dates for these programs:
- Hurricane Harvey, Aug. 31-Sept. 30, 2017
- Hurricane Irma, Sept. 8-Oct. 8, 2017
In addition, we may be able to defer your loan payments for up to three months and not report any delinquencies or send negative information to the credit bureaus. Please call us at 1-800-580-3300, select option 5, ext. 11321, to discuss this option and make payment arrangements as necessary.
We are also offering Emergency Loans at 6% APR with terms up to 12 months. Please call our Consumer Lending Center at 1-800-580-3300, select option 3, then option 3 again, to speak to a Consumer Lending representative.
Keeping You Connected
Download the free RBFCU Mobile app for an easier way to manage your finances, check your balances or make payments from your mobile or tablet device.
- How can I find an RBFCU ATM?
How do I use a chip card at chip-enabled terminals?
To use a chip-enabled terminal, the cardholder will insert their card into the bottom of the terminal and follow the prompts on the screen. The terminal will read the information contained in the chip, making sure the card is valid and authenticating it more securely.
How can I enroll in Bill Pay?
To access your Bill Pay information:
1. Sign in to your Online Banking account and select “Move Money.”
2. Under “Payments and Bills,” select “Pay Bills.”
3. In the “Account Number” field, select the appropriate account.
4. After reading the Terms and Conditions, select the “I agree to the Terms and Conditions” box.
5. Click “Enroll.”
6. If you get the “Help us protect you” dialogue box, select email or text to receive the temporary code. After you get the code, enter it in the box and click “Verify Code.”
7. On the “Take care of your bills in 3 easy steps” screen, add or update the appropriate information.
How can I use a Line of Credit as overdraft protection?
You can add a line of credit as overdraft protection when you open a new checking account. If you want to add it to an already established checking account, contact our Member Service Center at 1-800-580-3300 or send us a secure message through your online banking account.
For more information, read “What You Need to Know About Overdraft Protection.”
How do I request a cash advance on my credit card?
To request a cash advance on your credit card:
1. Sign in to your Online Banking account.
2. Click on the three vertical dots next to the credit card from which you would like to request a cash advance.
3. From the “I Want To…” menu, select “Cash Advance.”
4. Complete the “Get a Mastercard Advance” section, and click “Next.”
5. Review the information for accuracy.
6. Click “Submit.” Your funds should be deposited within a few minutes.
1. Insert your card into the ATM and enter the PIN.
2. Follow the prompts to process a cash advance. Your cash will be dispensed immediately.
ATM fees may apply.
Cash advance prompts may vary depending on ATM type and geographical location.
Phone: You can also call our Payment Services Department at 1-800-580-3300, ext. 74571 .
In-Person: Visit any branch to request a cash advance.
RBFCU Insurance Agency Warns Members to Be Aware of Claims Filing Misinformation
In the recent wake of Hurricane Harvey, and with the threat of additional hurricanes on the horizon, there have been many misconceptions regarding insurance claims posted to social media and other websites. The RBFCU Insurance Agency wants to ensure our clients and members are familiar with the current facts and stay well-informed of any information concerning claims. The most important fact to know is the normal claims process has not changed.
The Independent Insurance Agents of Texas has posted an article, “Setting the Record Straight on Claims Filing Misinformation.” FEMA has released a step-by-step guide called “How Do I File My Flood Claim?” We encourage you to review this information on claims filing.
If you have any questions or need additional insurance assistance, please contact the RBFCU Insurance Agency at 1-888-564-2999. We’re here to help in this time of need.
Your safety is our top priority. Make sure you and your loved ones do not take any unnecessary risks. See below for the most commonly asked questions and answers.
What happens when I receive a check from insurance?
RBFCU will most likely be listed as a payee on your insurance check because we have a financial interest in the property. Depending on the extent of damage to your home, we may release the funds in partial payments as the repairs are completed. Some repairs may require a licensed contractor. Please contact Mortgage Servicing at 210-945-3300 or 1-800-580-3300, select option 3, then option 2, then option 1. We will provide instructions on sending the insurance adjusters report to us, negotiating the insurance check, and the repair process.
How do I get requested homeowners insurance documents to RBFCU?
Insurance checks, after you endorse them exactly as written on the payee line, can be mailed to:
RBFCU Mortgage Servicing Department
P.O. Box 2097
Universal City, TX 78148
or overnighted to
RBFCU Mortgage Servicing Department
1 IKEA-RBFCU Parkway
Live Oak, TX 78233
Please put “Attention: Mortgage Servicing” on your envelope and include good contact information on your documents so your documents get to us timely and we are able to reach back out to you.
How do I choose a contractor for my home repairs after a storm?
Some contractors offering services after storms take advantage of storm victims. Texas Department of Insurance offers these tips when evaluating contractors:
- Call your insurance company first. Your insurance company can give you advice on what repairs should cost.
- Use trusted companies. Make sure to check their references and phone numbers.
- Get written estimates. These should be on the company’s letterhead with clear contact information.
- Get more than one bid. This will help you decide which offers are legitimate and which may be too high or too good to be true.
- Do not pay for repairs up front. Good contractors will typically require a partial payment up front to get started, but your final payment should be made after the job is finished.
- If you feel pressured or threatened, call the police.
Loans are subject to credit approval. Some restrictions may apply. This rate is valid for new loans only and is not valid for refinancing a current signature loan. Your monthly payment for the above loan terms would be approximately $87 per $1,000.
Any sensitive information including account numbers, Social Security numbers, etc., should not be sent through unsecured email. To send sensitive information, simply log in to your online banking account and send us a secure message. Click “My Messages” (near the top-right corner of the page), followed by “Send a Message.”
RBFCU does not charge a fee for the RBFCU Mobile application, but you may be charged for data by your mobile wireless provider. Certain restrictions, including daily and monthly deposit limitations may apply. All deposits using Electronic Deposits Mobile are subject to our Funds Availability Policy.
RBFCU Insurance Agency LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of RBFCU Services LLC. RBFCU Services LLC is affiliated with Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU). Insurance products are not deposits; are not obligations of the credit union; not NCUA insured; and not guaranteed by RBFCU Insurance Agency LLC, RBFCU Services LLC or RBFCU.