Keeping your home safe
RBFCU Insurance Agency, through third-party partners, offer homeowners, renters and condo owners insurance that can be tailored to best suit your needs.
Coverage to protect your most valuable asset
Homeowners insurance protects your home and your possessions against common threats such as theft, fire, hail and wind. It can also provide liability coverage against accidents.
Provides coverage not typically included in homeowners insurance policies, protecting your property against one of the most common natural disasters.
Provides coverage for your belongings as a renter in a rental property and protects you from being held liable for actions that occur on or in the property.
Condominium coverage is specially designed for condo owners and tenants. It protects your investment, securing your unit and all your personal property.
Investment / rental coverage
Like a homeowners policy, investment/rental insurance protects your property structure and provides liability coverage on the premises.
Builders risk / comprehensive personal liability
Builders risk protects equipment and materials during construction, while CPL provides liability coverage for the insured and family if accidents occur during construction.
Home warranty coverage
Home warranty coverage guards against unexpected and costly repairs and replacement bills for covered residential appliances and systems. Warranty coverage is provided through our partner, TotalProtect Home Services™.
What do I need to complete my request for a quote?
To complete your request in the most efficient manner, you’ll want to gather this information in advance.
- Personal information, including contact details, Social Security number, date of birth and driver’s license number
- Details about your property, including address, year built, square footage, and construction details and features
- Information about your current insurance policy and the type of coverage you may need
- Additional unique home and yard details (pool, pets, etc.)
Once you complete the online form, our insurance specialists will review your information and contact you within one business day.
How much homeowners insurance do I need?
You will need enough homeowners insurance to cover all loans held against your property.
What types of incidents does homeowners insurance cover?
A standard homeowners policy generally protects your home and your personal property from damage caused by:
- Fires or lightning
- Windstorms (including hurricanes and tornadoes) or hail
- Riots or civil commotions
- Theft or vandalism (sometimes called malicious mischief)
- Falling objects
- Weight of ice, snow or sleet
- Freezing of plumbing, heating, air conditioning or other household systems
It is best to contact RBFCU Insurance Agency to determine what specific coverage your home will need.
Does RBFCU Insurance Agency insure property outside Texas?
No, not at this time.
The property I am interested in purchasing with my land loan is within a flood zone. What does this mean?
Flood insurance is not required by RBFCU if you are purchasing land only. However, additional insurance coverage could be required by your lender when you choose to build on the property.
What information will I need to provide for an insurance quote?
The following personal information is needed:
- Names of the people to be insured
- Date(s) of birth
- Social Security numbers and driver license numbers of all members of household
- Information about your vehicle(s): Year, make, model, vehicle identification number(s) (VIN)
- Driving history: How many miles you drive per year, details on moving violations and accidents and type of coverage you’re interested in.
RBFCU Insurance Agency LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of RBFCU Services LLC, which is affiliated with Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU). Insurance products are not deposits; not NCUA insured; and not guaranteed by RBFCU Insurance Agency, RBFCU Services LLC and RBFCU.