- What is eDeposits?
- Who is eligible to scan deposits? How do I know if I am eligible?
- Do I have to purchase special software to use eDeposits?
- What are the minimum system requirements necessary to use eDeposits?
- Can I use any home scanner?
- How do I access eDeposits?
- I scanned deposits before but now I do not see the eDeposits option in the "I want to" dropdown menu?
- Can any type of check be scanned for deposit?
- When will my deposit be credited to my account?
- Do I need to include a deposit slip with my scanned check deposit?
- How many checks can be included in one deposit? Can multiple deposits be submitted each day?
- How much is the deposit limit?
- What fees are charged to use eDeposits services?
- Is the hold policy for checks different when they are scanned?
- What type of accounts can I scan deposits into?
- What should I do with the check once it has been scanned?
- I scanned my check and clicked on continue and an hourglass is tumbling but nothing is happening. What's wrong?
- What if I encounter problems when the credit union is closed?
- How do I get a copy of my deposit?
- How long can I view my deposit history?
- The time on my computer and the time on my deposit do not match, is something wrong?
- How much time do I have to scan my deposits?
- I am trying to scan the back of my check and continue to receive an Image Quality Error, Image Too Light. What can I do?
- I have scanned the front and back of my check but it is giving me an error message that the size of the back and the front of the check do not match. How can I fix this?
- Can I request my daily/monthly deposit limit be increased?
A secure service that allows you to scan paper checks from your desktop and electronically sends the images to RBFCU for deposit through NetBranch Online.
Members who meet the product requirements will have "Make eDeposit" in the "I want to" drop down menu on the Account Summary Page. Members can also see if they qualify by going to their My Profile link in the top right hand corner of the page. There members will select the "Member Services" link. Under the eDeposits section, members will see whether or not they are eligible to make deposits online. The basic requirements include having the account open for a minimum of 60 days and not having any derogatory information on the account (i.e. delinquent payments).
No, eDeposits is accessible to qualified members on NetBranch Online.
The minimum supported environments include:
- Windows XP with Internet Explorer 6+ or Vista with Internet Explorer 7+;
- Windows XP or Vista with Firefox 2+;
- Mac OS X 10.5 with Safari 3+;
- Mac OS X 10.25 with Firefox 2+;
- Java runtime environment 1.6+;
- High Speed Internet Connection;
- TWAIN Compliant Scanner.
eDeposits uses the TWAIN specification for communicating with scanners. Most scanner software supports the TWAIN specification, but not all. For the latest information for specific scanners, enter eDeposits and click "Help with Scanners and Drivers" near the bottom of the New Deposit screen or consult with your scanner manufacturer for information on their support for TWAIN on your device.
When you log into NetBranch Online, you will see the "I want to" dropdown column on the right hand side of your Account Summary page as seen below. Each of your accounts has its own "I want to" dropdown menu. Within the "I want to" dropdown menu on savings and checking accounts, you will see "Make eDeposit".
You can start scanning your checks in 4 easy steps:
- Endorse the back of your check with your signature, the words "For Deposit Only at RBFCU", your RBFCU Account Number where the funds will be deposited, the words "via eDeposits" and the date of the deposit.
- Log onto NetBranch Online.
- On the Account Summary page, click the "I want to" dropdown arrow to select "Make eDeposit" for the Savings or Checking account to deposit the funds. The "I want to" dropdown is also located on the top of the Account Activity page.
- Use the "Choose Scanner" button to choose the appropriate scanner if your computer does not pre-select it for you. Enter the total deposit amount. Then, using your own scanner, simply scan the front and back of the check and click the submit button to continue to the Deposit Review step. An email will be sent to you once your deposit has been submitted to the credit union for processing. Please store your check(s) in a safe place until you receive confirmation via the deposit history on NetBranch Online that your deposit has been accepted, and then destroy the check by shredding or another commercially acceptable means of data destruction.
I scanned deposits before but now I do not see the eDeposits option in the "I want to" dropdown menu?
RBFCU uses an automatic enrollment process based on pre-determined criteria. Every time you log into NetBranch Online, the system will determine product eligibility. A member's ability to use this service may be terminated without notice if they fail to meet the requirements or fail to comply with the requirements of the services. If you no longer meet the requirements, you will not be eligible to scan deposits, you will need to mail in your deposits or take them to a convenient branch location for deposit.
No. You can only scan single-party domestic checks made payable to the owner(s) of the account. Savings Bonds, foreign checks, third party checks, checks written to you from another account of yours at RBFCU, items stamped with "non-negotiable, incomplete checks, stale-dated or post-dated" checks, any checks that contain evidence of alteration to the information, checks purported to be a lottery or prize winning and checks previously submitted for deposit are not acceptable for scanning.
Deposits scanned Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. and on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m., Central Time on days the credit union is open should be credited on the same business day. Deposits scanned after those times should be credited on the next business day. There could be times that the program may flag a deposit for manual review and release by credit union personnel (i.e. image is not clear when received at the credit union). If this happens, you will see the deposit under the Deposit History tab as "Submitted Deposit" and you will not see the deposit reflected on NetBranch Online until credit union personnel has an opportunity to review and release the deposit. The manual review process should happen the same business day, the next business day at the latest.
Store your check(s) in a safe place until you receive confirmation via the deposit history on NetBranch Online that your deposit has been accepted, and then destroy the check by shredding or another commercially acceptable means of data destruction.
I scanned my check and clicked on continue and an hourglass is tumbling but nothing is happening. What's wrong?
If the browser hangs with an hourglass, this is caused by security software on your network blocking the outbound HTTPS connection of the ActiveX control. The ActiveX software uses a direct HTTPS connection to upload your check images for processing, and will not use a configured proxy server. For most users, this does not cause any problems. However, some users may have a non-transparent proxy that prevents this direct connection, and the browser may hang with an hourglass. The Java version of eDeposits properly uses your browsers proxy configuration and will correct this error.
eDeposits is designed as an easy-to-use, self-service product. Select "Help" or on each line of the process for a detailed explanation, helpful hints and a short video explanation of that process step.
If you click on the Deposit History Tab at the top right corner of the page, a listing of your scanned deposits will be displayed. If you click on the icon, you can view the deposit details along with a copy of the items included in that deposit. If you click on the icon, you can download a copy of the deposit and print it or save it to a file on your computer for your records.
Deposit history is maintained for member review for 18 months. For deposit history more than 18 months old, you must contact NetBranch Services by secure message within NetBranch Online or by phone at 210-945-3774 or 1-800-580-3300.
The eDeposits session will timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity. There is a Session timeout clock displayed on the top right corner of the screen. During the last five minutes of the session, the clock time will appear in red. Every time the page is changed, the clock refreshes.
I am trying to scan the back of my check and continue to receive an Image Quality Error, Image Too Light. What can I do?
Ensure you have properly endorsed the check. If not, delete the back image of the check you have scanned, endorse the item and rescan. If you have the proper endorsement on the check, it is possible your scanner is not detecting the whole check. You can try using the cropping feature below the scanned image within eDeposits, adjusting the brightness feature of your scanner, select 'custom' image instead of 'color' image if the option is available on your scanner or drawing dots on each corner of the check. Click on the next to the scan button for more detailed help for adjusting your scanner settings and for more detailed instructions about scanner and driver software.
I have scanned the front and back of my check but it is giving me an error message that the size of the back and the front of the check do not match. How can I fix this?
Proper cropping of check images is essential to ensuring that deposited checks are processed successfully. Most scanners allow images to be cropped by previewing the scanned image then moving the box to properly surround the check. Try placing the check on the border of the scanning screen to line up the front and back of the check so the scanner reads the size of the check the same way. Clicking on the below the scanned image screen will give you more detailed instructions for properly cropping a check.