To make your ATM transactions as safe and secure as possible, we encourage you to follow these important safety tips:
- Protect your Freedom Check Card and Personal Identification Number (PIN). Do not allow anyone else to use your card. Memorize your PIN and do not write it on your card or on other papers you may carry with your card.
- When using a drive-up ATM, keep doors locked and windows up before and after transactions. If you observe any suspicious person or circumstances while at an ATM, cancel your transaction, immediately go to a safe location, and contact the police.
- At walk-up ATMs, block the key pad so others cannot observe your PIN entry.
- When making an ATM transaction at night, take a friend or family member with you. Always be alert and select a visible, well-lit ATM. Or, consider getting cash back from a merchant at a point-of-sale location.
- Once your ATM transaction is complete, take your card and cash. It may be best to wait until you are in another location to count your cash.
To report a lost or stolen Freedom Check Card, log in to NetBranch Online or contact our Member Service Center at 210-945-3300 (San Antonio), 512-833-3300 (Austin), or 1-800-580-3300 (toll-free).