Use this calculator to help analyze your budget as a full-time student. This calculator is specifically designed to help students understand their expenses and income while attending a university, college or other full-time educational institution. This calculator allows you to input your expenses and income for an eight-month school year running from September through April.
- Payment Frequency
Each item in your budget can be scheduled to be paid as follows:
Payment frequency Payment Will Happen Start of school year One payment at the start of the school year Semester 1 & 2 Two payments. One at the beginning of semester 1, the second at the beginning of semester 2. Semester 2 One payment at the beginning of semester 2. Monthly of school year A payment for each month of the school year, September through April
- School Expenses
- Tuition, textbooks, supplies and related materials, lab fees, library fees, photocopying and other related expenses.
- Food and Groceries
- Meal plan, groceries, eating out, snacks and other related expenses.
- Living Expenses
- Residence, electric, mobile phone, Internet, rent, phone, cable, childcare and other living expenses.
- Professional Fees
- Doctor, dentist, eye care, hair stylist, manicure/pedicure, masseuse/chiropractor, veterinarian, other.
- Entertainment and Travel
- Going out, movies, movie rental, CD's/DVD's, concerts, travel and other related expenses.
- Purchases, cleaning, repair and other related expenses.
- Personal, credit cards and other related expenses.
- Contributions and Gifts
- Charity, church and other related expenses.
- Savings and Investments
- Savings towards short-term goals, savings towards long-term goals, other savings.
- Membership dues, postage, health club, Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, any other expenses.
- Personal Toiletries
- Hair care products (shampoo, etc.), body care products (razors, etc.), facial care products (make-up, etc.), prescription drugs/vitamins and other related expenses.
- Bus/Train pass, car payments, gas/oil, licensing, visits home, insurance, maintenance and other related expenses.
- Contributions and Income
- Scholarships, fellowships/grants, other aid (such as any loans), available savings, educational savings plans, family contributions, expected wages/tips, other income/assets.
Information and interactive calculators are made available to you as self-help tools for your personal independent use and are not intended to provide investment advice. We can not and do not guarantee their applicability or accuracy in regards to your individual circumstances. All examples are hypothetical and are for illustrative purposes. We encourage you to seek personalized advice from qualified professionals regarding all personal finance issues.