Repossession of Real Property
If you have repossessed real property, you can use this calculator to determine the gain or loss as well as its new basis. This includes the reportable gain or loss after repossession costs are taken into account.
- Total Amount Received From Sale Prior To Repossession
- This is the total amount you have been paid or have received for this property before it was repossessed. This is used in calculating your gain or loss on the repossession.
- Gain Previously Reported, Deferred Or Excluded
- Any gain or profit you reported on the sale of this property. This will reduce the current gain or increase the current loss on the repossession.
- Original Basis Used To Determine Gain
- Original basis that you used when the sale was made to calculate your gain on that sale. Include all sales expenses.
- Gain On Original Sale
- Gain on your original sale.
- Repossession Costs
- Costs incurred to repossess the personal property.
Information and interactive calculators are made available to you as self-help tools for your personal independent use and are not intended to provide investment advice. We can not and do not guarantee their applicability or accuracy in regards to your individual circumstances. All examples are hypothetical and are for illustrative purposes. We encourage you to seek personalized advice from qualified professionals regarding all personal finance issues.