Repossession of Personal Property from an Installment Payment Sale
If you have repossessed personal property with installment payments, you can use this calculator to determine the gain or loss. This includes the reportable gain or loss after repossession costs are taken into account.
- Gross Profit on Original Sale
- The percentage of gross profit you realized on the original sale.
- Balance Due at Repossession
- Balance due at repossession minus any deficiency judgment.
- Fair Market Value
- The fair market value of the person property at the time of repossession.
- Repossession Cost
- Costs incurred to repossess the personal property.
Information and interactive calculators are made available to you as self-help tools for your personal independent use and are not intended to provide investment advice. We can not and do not guarantee their applicability or accuracy in regards to your individual circumstances. All examples are hypothetical and are for illustrative purposes. We encourage you to seek personalized advice from qualified professionals regarding all personal finance issues.