Like Kind Exchange
If you exchange either business or investment property that is of the same nature or character, the IRS won't recognize it as a gain or loss. This calculator is designed to calculate recognized loss, gains and the basis for your newly received property.
- Description of Like Kind Property
- Brief description of the property involved in this exchange.
- Date of Transfer
- Date the transfer of the received property or property given up took place.
- Sales Price or Fair Market Value
- The sales price or Fair Market Value (FMV) of the property.
- Less Liabilities/Mortgages
- Any liabilities or mortgages on the property.
- Adjusted Basis
- The adjusted basis of the property that was given up.
- Exchange Expenses
- Any expenses associated with this exchange.
Information and interactive calculators are made available to you as self-help tools for your personal independent use and are not intended to provide investment advice. We can not and do not guarantee their applicability or accuracy in regards to your individual circumstances. All examples are hypothetical and are for illustrative purposes. We encourage you to seek personalized advice from qualified professionals regarding all personal finance issues.