Purchasing a Home
Buying a home is one of the biggest investment decisions you'll ever make. Once you've determined you're ready to make your purchase, let our experienced staff assist you with the borrowing process. Our experienced real estate agents can also assist you in finding the right home.
We can also help you determine how much home you can afford before you start looking. Your pre-approved loan status can help you close faster.
- Low down payment – put as little as 5 percent down
- Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI)* or a second mortgage (piggyback) may be required if down payment is less than 20%
- Can pay a discount point to reduce rate
- Low closing costs
- Term options up to 15 years
- Automatic 60-day rate lock once a specific property is identified for terms of 15 years or less
- Manage your own escrow, if you prefer
- Enjoy peace of mind with fixed rate monthly principal and interest payments that will not fluctuate
- Choose the payment option that best fits your budget – select from monthly, biweekly, or semimonthly payments
- No prepayment penalties
- Arrange for automatic payments
Loans subject to credit approval. Rates and terms subject to change without notice. RBFCU mortgage loans are available only on property in Texas.
* Loans requiring PMI or piggyback financing are subject to additional qualifications, are limited to your primary residence and may require a larger down payment.
Lender licensed by the National Mortgage Licensing System under registration number 583215.