Get peace-of-mind knowing you and eligible family members are protected in the event of identity theft and fraud
Knowing someone accessed your personal information or stolen your identity can be frightening. As identity theft and fraud attempts become more common, you may wonder how you can protect yourself.
According to the Department of Justice, approximately 16.6 million Americans were victims of identity theft in 2012, sustaining more than $24 billion of economic losses.1 In 2013, the FTC reported that identity theft topped the list of consumer complaints for the 14th year in a row.2
How can you minimize the chances of being affected by identity theft?
- Use a monitoring service, like IDProtect Plus, to protect your account by proactively detecting identity theft
- Regularly review account transactions
- Check your credit reports every four months. These can be requested for free at annualcreditreport.com or by calling 877-322-8228.
Benefits of IDProtect Plus
For only $4.95 per month, IDProtect Plus provides the following protection for you, your joint account holders and eligible family members*:
- Up to $10,000 in identity fraud reimbursement coverage**
- 3-in-1 credit report - request new 3-in-1 credit report every 90 days or upon receipt of alert‡
- Updated single-bureau credit score every 90 days or upon receipt of alert‡
- Email and text alerts on key credit bureau/reporting changes‡
- Total Identity Monitoring of more than 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security, public records, and real property records‡
- Access to a dedicated fraud specialist assigned to manage your case who will work with you until your credit and identity are restored
- An online identity theft news center
- Debit and credit card registration‡
Ready to enroll?
You can add IDProtect Plus at any time by logging into your Netbranch Online account. Simply click the "My Profile" and "Member Services" links within your account and make your IDProtect coverage selection.
1"Victims of Identity Theft, 2012," Department of Justice, 2012.
2"Identity theft tops list of consumer complaints for 14th consecutive year" Federal Trade Commission, 2014
*IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to account owner(s) and their family. Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) who are residents of the same household. Service is not available to a "signer" on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to businesses and their employees, clubs and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students.
**Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of Chartis Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage.
Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions. Insurance products are not deposits; not NCUA insured; not an obligation of Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU); and not guaranteed by RBFCU or any affiliated entity.