Have peace-of-mind knowing you and eligible family members are protected in the event of identity theft and fraud.
Knowing someone accessed your personal information or has stolen your identity can be frightening. According to the Department of Justice, approximately 16.6 million Americans were victims of identity theft in 2012. This accounts for more than $24 billion of economic losses.1
How can you minimize the chances of being affected by identity theft?
- Check your credit reports every four months. Federal law allows you to access a free copy of your credit report annually from each credit reporting bureau (Experian, TransUnion and Equifax) from sites like www.annualcreditreport.com. You can also request your credit reports by calling 877-322-8228.
- Use a monitoring service, like IDProtect Plus, to protect your account by proactively detecting identity theft
- Never respond to requests for personal or account information - a legitimate company will not contact you to request private information
- Regularly review account transactions and report any suspicious activity to your institution
- Keep your antivirus software up-to-date
- Use unique and hard-to-guess passwords
Credit reports are important. They may impact your loan rates, credit card approvals, apartment requests, or even your employment. By reviewing your credit reports, you can not only strive for and maintain your desired score, but you can spot possible identity theft early – saving you from of becoming a victim of fraud. Tools like IDProtect and regular monitoring of your credit report can help ensure that the information is current and correct!
Benefits of IDProtect Plus
For only $4.95 per month, IDProtect Plus provides the following protection for you, your joint account holders and eligible family members*:
- Up to $10,000 in identity fraud reimbursement coverage**
- 3-in-1 credit report - request new 3-in-1 credit report every 90 days or upon receipt of alert‡
- Updated single-bureau credit score every 90 days or upon receipt of alert‡
- Email and text alerts on key credit bureau/reporting changes‡
- Total identity monitoring of more than 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security, public records, and real property records‡
- Access to a dedicated fraud specialist to help manage your case and will work with you until your credit and identity are restored
- Debit and credit card registration‡ to protect against card fraud
Ready to enroll?
You can add IDProtect Plus at any time by logging into your NetBranch Online account. Simply click the "My Profile" and "Member Services" links within your account and make your IDProtect coverage selection.
*IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to account owner(s) and their family. Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) who are residents of the same household. Service is not available to a "signer" on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to businesses and their employees, clubs and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students.
**Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of Chartis Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage.
Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions. Insurance products are not deposits; not NCUA insured; not an obligation of Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU); and not guaranteed by RBFCU or any affiliated entity.